Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why do I need to wait for Sch D-1 or Form 8995 if I did not own or sell a business?

I am not allowed to file because I have not reveived an 8995 or Sch D-1 p1 form, but I never owned a business or had to do this in previous years.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Willow2

Why do I need to wait for Sch D-1 or Form 8995 if I did not own or sell a business?

I got the same message and I have never owned nor sold a business ??

AmyC
Expert Alumni

If you have dividends or a K-1, you need to wait.  Sec 199a dividends qualify for QBI. See Section 199A - Deduction for Qualified Business Income FAQs and QBI FAQ

@Willow2

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Willow2

I actually don’t have any dividends or investments. That is what is so strange. My tax info is the same as last year and there was never a mention about this Sch D-1 form?? 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

@Willow2 rental income? Something has happened! It may be worth going through and seeing if there is something marked in any of the possible QBI locations. Preview your forms and see if something is checked.

In desktop, go to FORMS.

Online see How do I preview my TurboTax Online return before filing?

You can fill this form out for someone to call you. They can actually see what is going on in your program.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies