turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

evehen12

Tax Year 2020: WHY AM I HAVING ISSUES RECEIVING MY STIMULUS CHECK

WHEN I FILED WITH YOU PEOPLE. I GAVE YOU THE RIGHT INFORMATION. IT HAS NOT CHANGED. DEBIT CARD AD WELL. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JulieC14
Expert Alumni

To find out the status of your stimulus payment, you can check the IRS Get My Payment tool. The tool should tell you where your stimulus payment was deposited or mailed. 

If your second stimulus payment was sent by the IRS to a temporary account that is closed or is no longer active in error, TurboTax is happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for customers affected by this IRS error. We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers affected by this will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way. We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers. 

For further information, please see the following links: 

Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

Get Your Second Stimulus Check | TurboTax® Official Guide (intuit.com) 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is crap. Turbo tax sends me an email link telling me in one day if I don't update my information through them I won't get my stimulus check. I followed the link and they provided me and login and it tells me my information cannot be updated here. Giving me barely 24 hours to figure this out. Now I am stuck in limbo wondering where my payment is and where it will go. I haven't made a dime since March 2020 and I am currently unable to pay rent, buy food, or support myself in away and bascially their call center is unhelp and the site bull**bleep**! This will be the last year I ever use Turbo tax for my personal and business (not that it made any money during lockdown)! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies