Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Aggiedave
Returning Member

Where to find/generate new K-1 worksheets

In Part II (Gross Income), line 24 (Total gross income), of my K-3 has entries in both column B (Foreign Branch category income) and column C (Passive category income). 

TT error check on my K-1 says, "Foreign gross income - Passive category Line F: Foreign income has been entered for more than one type. Use separate K-1 worksheets to report more than one type of foreign gross income sourced at the entity level."

How do I go about creating a "separate worksheet" in TT?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I'm going to page @pk to see if the Champ has any input here.

pk
Level 15
Level 15

@Aggiedave , I used the following way to  create a new K-1 worksheet--

On my  windows version of H & B, on the top left ribbon there is a  File Folder pix with the label " open form"

Clicked this  and under  federal  forms tree go down till you find  K-1 worksheet for different types of entities.  Click on the  appropriate type and a new window open asking for  name of this  worksheet and then finish.  This will put a new/ additional worksheet in your forms window.

Hope this helps

Aggiedave
Returning Member

I think I've been able to open a new worksheet. Specifically, I'm trying to create another "Schedule K-3 - Foreign Transactions Smart Worksheet". I go to "Forms" and click on "Open a Form". From the dialog box, I select "K-3 Worksheet (Partnerships).  In the subsequent dialog box I see my existing worksheet with the option to "Create a new copy". I click "Create a new copy". However, once I've created a new blank worksheet, I can't actually type anything into any of the blanks. TT says I have to have a separate worksheet for each type of foreign income on the K-3. I have "branch" as well as "Passive". How do I create a separate worksheet where I actually enter information? How do I get TT to recognize and pull from two different worksheets to calculate my taxes?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies