turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where does Pennsylvania return show what additional documents need to be mailed?

Where does my Pennsylvania tax return and/or TurboTax state what documents I need to mail in with my Pennsylvania tax return? Note that I am mailing in the state return, not E-filing.

I saw there were some posts about this previously. However, I can't find the source of the information. I've searched my return for the words "submit," "attach," "photocop," and haven't found anything. A post from last year said it was on the cover sheet, but my cover sheet only says:

Be sure to mail all pages of your signed return along with any required attachments.

Mail your return and attachments to:
Pennsylvania Department of Revenue
Refund/Credit Requested
3 Revenue Place
Harrisburg, PA 17129-0003

I know I need to submit my 1009-R.

I also plan to E-mail them to [email address removed]

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Where does Pennsylvania return show what additional documents need to be mailed?

Yes, if you are filing a return with a refund use the following mailing address (same as you show in your question):

• PA-40, Individual Income Tax Return Refund/Credit Requested Returns:  
    • PA DEPT OF REVENUE,  REFUND/CREDIT REQUESTED, 3 REVENUE PLACE, HARRISBURG PA 17129-0003  
  • PA State Return Mailing Addresses

When mailing returns, be sure to include your 1099-R, and any W-2s, as well as any other document if it has PA state tax withholding. You can email them if you have the correct email address, however it's not necessary if they are being sent with your tax return by mail.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for this confirmation. Do you know where this is all listed as a requirement? Did I miss it somewhere in TurboTax?

Also, I'm thinking of E-mailing my whole return to that E-mail address, not just the additional documents. 

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

According to Assembling Your PA-40 in the PA-40 Instructions Booklet, you should include your:

Federal Forms, W-2, 1099-R, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC. Photocopies of your Form(s) W-2 (be sure the information is legible), or your actual Form(s) W-2. Include a statement to list and total your other taxable compensation. You must submit photocopies of your Form(s) 1099-R, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC and other statements that show other compensation and any PA tax withheld. 

NOTE: Do not include copies of Form(s) 1099-DIV and 1099-INT, unless the forms show PA income tax withheld

I note that you’re considering emailing your state tax return.  I can find no official indication, anywhere, that this is an approved method of submission.  I would urge extreme caution.

Thank you for cautions. I checked that E-mail address, and it is ONLY for attachments, not the actual tax return, so I will make sure to mail that in.

Also, it's just surprising that you had to find that information on what to send in the PA guide, rather than TurboTax stating it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies