spring-30

Where do I show housing allowance if not shown on W-2 Box 14?

When i reach the Do any of these uncommon situations apply to this W-2? screen,  i check the 4th box for Religious employment, then click Continue. But it then says if your SS and Medicare box are empty, then go back and uncheck box 4...???  Both of those boxes are empty on my W-2.

DianeW

The statement after you check the appropriate boxes explain that if you DO have the social security and medicare tax withheld on you W2, then go back to uncheck Religious Employment.

• "Not everyone who works for a church or religious organization is religiously employed. If this W-2 has Social Security tax withheld in Box 4 and Medicare taxes withheld in Box 6, select Back and uncheck the religious employment box."

Press Continue to enter your housing allowance. Click the image attached to enlarge and view for assistance.

DianeW