Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NJNerd

Where do I enter CA form 592-B related to taxes paid allocated to me from a trust (I have separately entered the trust K-1?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Where do I enter CA form 592-B related to taxes paid allocated to me from a trust (I have separately entered the trust K-1?

I am a non resident of CA. On my K-1 (541), the share of the 592-b tax withheld was on line 13b of the K-1. When entering the K-1 data into the premier tax program, it guided me on how to enter line 13b. I will paste the information:

Estates and Trusts K-1: Lines 13a, 13b and 14

Lines 13a and 13b are entered on a different screen, so you can't enter them here. Line 14 has no effect on your tax return, so we don't provide an option to enter it.

To enter Line 13a, follow the directions below:

Go to the Deductions and Credits section of your federal return. Choose I'll choose what I work on, go to the Estimates and Other Taxes Paid section and select Other Income Taxes. Choose Withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099. Enter the amount withheld and select California from the dropdown.

To enter Line 13b, follow the directions below:

Go to the Deductions and Credits section of your federal return. Choose I'll choose what I work on, go to the Estimates and Other Taxes Paid section and select Other Income Taxes. Choose Withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099. Enter the amount withheld and select California from the dropdown.

Then, go through your California return until you're asked Any Real Estate or Other Withholding Forms?. Answer Yes and fill out the 592-B form.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies