Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Business 2023: Incorrect Sort on "Business Assett Summary" Page

TurboTax Business 2023

UPDATE: It seems as if the desired sort order (as laid out below) is the "default" asset order of the Business Asset Summary page...boy, is my face red...

I've got hundreds of assets logged into the database. When I call up the "Business Asset Summary" page, I want to generate a list of assets presented in the order in which I placed them in service (first to last). When I attempt to sort the list by clicking on the Placed in Service column header, the program gives me a list sorted by date, but by month then day (i.e. the topmost asset of the sorted list was placed in service on 01/03/2009, the next was placed in service on 01/13/2005, etc.).

These assets are NOT sorted properly by date. Is there anything I can do to generate the desired sort order?

As a workaround, I've been going to Forms View and calling up the various Depreciation and Amortization Reports, which feature asset lists that are properly sorted by date...but still...

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

TurboTax Business 2023: Incorrect Sort on "Business Assett Summary" Page

@Digger109 wrote:

Is there anything I can do to generate the desired sort order?

I am not sure, frankly, but I have a copy of TurboTax Business and I can't make it work with a test return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies