Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wngeiger

TT-Business for 2023 determined my business was not exempt from Form 4626 AMT calculations but did not create the form. IRS has requested the form. How do I get it?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
M-MTax
Level 11

TT-Business for 2023 determined my business was not exempt from Form 4626 AMT calculations but did not create the form. IRS has requested the form. How do I get it?

Form 4696 which you probably don't have to fill out if it's not an applicable corporation 

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

CAMT (corporate alternative minimum tax) calculated on Form 4626 usually applies to very large corporations with average AFSI (annual financial statement income) exceeding $1 billion dollars. According to Form 4626 instructions, unless a filing exclusion applies, a corporation must file Form 4626 to determine whether it is an applicable corporation and, if it is classified as an applicable corporation, to calculate CAMT. However, one of the filing exclusions for Form 4626 is that it is not an applicable corporation under the simplified method.  

For corporations with AFSI (Adjusted Financial Statement Income) of less than 500 million, users can confirm that they meet the requirements of the safe harbor method (simplified method) directly on the 1120 and do not need to file Form 4626. If the wrong box is checked on Line 29c of the 1120, the IRS will send a notice stating you need to include Form 4626. Please see the screenshot below for additional clarification. 

Since you have received an IRS letter regarding this issue, you have two options. You can either file an amended tax return with updated Form 1120 with line 29c box checked yes or you may also respond to IRS letter according to the instructions in the letter. 

@wngeiger 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies