Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Popgam
Returning Member

Trust K1 1041

I'm the TTE for a living trust. The trust has a farm rental, had the taxes done by a firm in the state the trust is in. I live in a different state. After receiving the taxes from the firm for the trust, a K1 form 1041 was included in it for me. On part III line 14 shows an amount for net investment income, on the form block H domestic beneficiary is checked. Do i have to claim this amount on my Federal taxes, and state taxes? If so and doing an amendment, (my taxes have already been filed and accepted) where in turbo tax desktop would I put this amount?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
maglib
Level 11

Trust K1 1041

@Popgam   Sadly you would have to amend your return and claim the k-1.  Depending on the state requirements, you may also have to file a non-resident state tax return.

Here is a link on how to claim the K-1 https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/import-export-data-files/enter-k-1-recei...

Every trust is different, often the Trust pays some of the taxes.  May claim the state income even, you would then be allocated a credit for state taxes paid.

Instructions to amend can be found here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/amend-return/how-to-file-an-amended-return-with-the-irs/L6kO691...

**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies