Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Trouble Adding Assets to Farm

I previously had my farm in TurboTax as a business, but have now set it up as a farm. I added my assets that were purchased in 2022.  I input depreciation amounts for the previous year when asked, but then was asked "If you took the Section 179 Deduction on this item in a prior year, enter the amount here." I left it blank because I did not take the Section 179 Deduction. This is the only thing in the process that I left blank or was confused by.

In Review, I am being prompted to fill Lines K and L of the Asset Entry Worksheet for both of the assets I've added-

Special Depreciation Allowance Deduction 

and

AMT Special Depreciation Allowance Ded. 

I have no idea what I would put here. Any help would be appreciated!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Trouble Adding Assets to Farm

Since you are working in TurboTax for desktop, you can review the Asset Entry forms for these assets. Open your return and click the Forms icon in the TurboTax header. In the list of Forms in My Return on the left, find Schedule F, then click on each Asset Entry form below that to open those worksheets in the large window.

The amounts you entered for Prior Depreciation should appear on Lines 10 and 12. Check lines K and L (Special Depreciation) to be sure they are completely blank. Click Step-by-Step in the header to return to the main screens and run Review again.

If that doesn't resolve the review message, go back and enter zeroes in these boxes. If you still receive a Review message, you may need to delete these assets and re-enter the information.

Note that if a form has a red exclamation point next to the name or a field appears in pink, there is an error on that form. Click the Errors icon above the forms list to open a message box below the form. The error message will give you more information about the issue that needs to be resolved.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies