Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Small business income question

I started a single-member LLC last year. I developed mobile apps and I added Google Ads in my app.

I had $30 earnings from Google Ads last year, but since Google Ads has minimum $100 payout threshold, I cannot payout these $30 to my business bank account, thus these money is still in my Google Ads account which shows earnings =$30 and payments =$0.

In this case, do I need to report these $30 as the business income on Schedule C? 

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

No.  if you use the cash basis for accounting, you will not report the income for this year since you have not received the funds.

[Edited 03/11/22|7:15 am PST]

@manbeing 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

No.  if you use the cash basis for accounting, you will not report the income for this year since you have not received the funds.

[Edited 03/11/22|7:15 am PST]

@manbeing 

@DaveF1006 

I have been confused as I got a different answer here. Could you please confirm if I need to report it or not?

"As you can't withdraw the $30, this amount isn't constructively received by you and you don't have to report it on Schedule C of your tax return.

The full text of the IRS regulation defining constructive receipt states as follows:[2]

Income although not actually reduced to a taxpayer's possession is constructively received by him in the taxable year during which it is credited to his account, set apart for him, or otherwise made available so that he may draw upon it at any time, or so that he could have drawn upon it during the taxable year if notice of intention to withdraw had been given. However, income is not constructively received if the taxpayer's control of its receipt is subject to substantial limitations or restrictions."

@DaveF1006  so if Accrual Accounting Method is used, the $30 earnings must be reported even though the payment wasn't made in 2023?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Yes, if the accrual method was used in your accounting method, then the income would need to be reported this year.

@manbeing 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies