Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LB81

Schedule K1 Box 12 - Code A - charitable contributions are not flowing through to Form A - Itemized Deductions

Schedule K1 Box 12 - Code A - charitable contributions are not flowing through to Form A - Itemized Deductions.  The amount was properly flowing through last week until I updated Turbo Tax and now the only way to get the amount to flow through is to use the drop down box to select Code B which is actually a lower threshold.  Had I not caught what appears to be a program error, this would have cost me over $2,000 in additional, incorrect taxes.  I thought Turbo Tax had a 100% calculation guarantee?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Schedule K1 Box 12 - Code A - charitable contributions are not flowing through to Form A - Itemized Deductions

Depending what version of TurboTax you are using, you may need to 1) clear your cache and cookies then re-open your browser and log in again (TurboTax Online) or 2) check your updates in TurboTax for Desktop (Online >> Check for Updates).

Also, you can see all the charitable deductions that have been entered by going to Deductions & Credits >> Charitable Donations >> Donations to Charity in 20XX. When you click Update, TurboTax will display the source of the donation and the amount.

If you still don't see the amount from Schedule K-1 Box 12 Code A, you may need to delete the K-1 and re-enter. On rare occasions, updates will break links between forms.

For more help, please see:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies