turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

schedule c; form 1099-misc needs review

I'm trying to wrap up my 2023 return.  I have this "needs review" appearing, despite my having gone through the entire section.  Anyone know what would cause this?

business income and expenses.jpg

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I'm not clear on your response - will Intuit resolve my question if I call them?

I have no idea but it's worth a shot. No one here can see your return. 

I'm dealing with this exact same thing. I spent over 2 hours with two different customer service people, no solution except one tech said everything was "fine" and that TT "guaranteed its calculations," the other said that it was my OS (TT2023 still supports MacOS Monterey) and to switch to the online version. The techs could clearly see the problem in a screen share, but neither said they would report the error. I also discovered that when I deleted a schedule C in the federal version, it does not delete the schedule C from states, and this creates other issues. I had worked on my taxes a few weeks ago and this was not an issue, so I can only conclude that this problem was created by the latest update.

UPDATE - I called support again today and got a more knowledgable representative who said that this is a well known problem and that this has been happening on all versions of TT for a while and that they have given it a low priority for fixing it because it is not interfering with e-filing.  Apparently neither of the agents I spoke to yesterday were aware of this well known problem. I hope this helps!

I found the issue.  I operate a web development shop and there was a question as to whether the business is in my name or something else.  Once I responded to that question the "needs review" reference went away.

And minutes later, it's back.  So frustrating.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies