Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

waskohan

Schedule C Business Information for Work Done in a Different State?

I live in Ohio and worked as an independent contractor in Vermont for part of 2022, which I'm currently filling out a 1099NEC and Schedule C for. Since my home address I used on my 1099 is in Ohio, the Schedule C Business Information is automatically set as being in Ohio, but the business I worked for is located in Vermont. Should I change it to Vermont? Should I also change the address on my Schedule C to the business address of the business I worked for? It was my understanding that when a Schedule C asks about your home vs. business address, it is asking as if you are self-employed and you should answer with your legal home or personal office address, not the address of the business you worked for. Is this incorrect?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Schedule C Business Information for Work Done in a Different State?

You should use your home address for the schedule C. It doesn't matter where you performed your services or where the company is that you worked for. You may need to file a tax return as a non-resident in Vermont since you performed services there, but you would use your home address.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies