turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sms194122
Returning Member

Sch K-1 F1041 shows $435 long term CG, but turbo tax only shows box 5 (nonbusiness income). Why? How to correct?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Sch K-1 F1041 shows $435 long term CG, but turbo tax only shows box 5 (nonbusiness income). Why? How to correct?

@sms194122 

You will not see the long-term capital gain figure ($435) in your K-1 summary. I entered $435 on Line 4a and $500 on Line 5 and only the figure on Line 5 appears ($500) in the summary.

The $435 is transferred to Line 12 of Schedule D as indicated by @JulieS.

Untitled.png2.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Capital gain shown on Schedule K-1 (1041) goes to line 5 of Schedule D, if it is short term or line 12 of Schedule D, if it is long term. 

If you check your Schedule D and don't see the figure, respond back and we can help you find the part you need to edit to correct this. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
sms194122
Returning Member

Not the answer to my question.  I entered the long term CG on line 4a along with income on line 5 of Par III of Sch K-1,  the turbotax software only shows the amount in box 5 and completely eliminates the amount shown in box 4a. It is a turbotax software issue. I need to talk with someone about this from turbotax. How do I contact an

individual from turbotax to explain why the software is not including line 4a from Sch K-1? My software is completely useless if I can't correct this.

@sms194122 

You will not see the long-term capital gain figure ($435) in your K-1 summary. I entered $435 on Line 4a and $500 on Line 5 and only the figure on Line 5 appears ($500) in the summary.

The $435 is transferred to Line 12 of Schedule D as indicated by @JulieS.

Untitled.png2.png

sms194122
Returning Member

How do I pull up Schedule D on the software? There seems to be no option to do this. I already have a short term loss shown.  

sms194122
Returning Member

How do I transfer $435 long term to sch D line 12 if I can access it? How do I access a sch D?

sms194122
Returning Member

Can't access sch D to show loss.

You cannot pull up Schedule D unless you are using a desktop version.

The software will transfer the figure for you.

sms194122
Returning Member

I am using the desktop version.

Then enter Forms Mode (icon in the upper right side of the screen) and open Schedule D from the list of forms on the left.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies