turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

beleaf
Returning Member

S corp with 100% ownership of LLC - specifics on how to put LLC income/expenses on 1120-S

I saw this post with some explanation but I would like to make sure I understand clearly:

1) The income of the LLC gets reported as "Other income."

2) The deductions of the LLC gets reported as "Other deductions."

3) In the attached statement, I do not need to break down the income/deductions granularly (like receipts/COGS/etc for income, wages/rents/advertising/etc for deductions). I only need to report what the total income and total deductions are.

Is this correct?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
beleaf
Returning Member

S corp with 100% ownership of LLC - specifics on how to put LLC income/expenses on 1120-S

@RobertB4444 @AmyC @Mike9241 Perhaps you two can chime in here since you posted on the discussion I linked?

The Single Member LLC is "disregarded" for income tax purposes.  Treat it exactly as if the owner (the S-corporation) had that income and expenses.

beleaf
Returning Member

So I would line by line combine the LLC's income/expenses with the owner's income/expenses? For example, advertising expenses from the owner and the LLC get combined to one figure and put on the advertising line on the 1120-S. And revenue from both owner and LLC get combined and put on the gross receipts line.

what do you mean by owner's income/ expenses?

if the s-corp received $10K in dividends from stock it owns then it gets reported on the s-corp

if the s-corp owner owns the stock that pays the $10K dividend it's not reported on the s-corp but on the taxpayer's 1040

beleaf
Returning Member

The owner is the S-corp that files the 1120-S.

My main confusion is exactly how to report the LLC's income/expenses on the 1120-S.

I've seen people say income from the LLC gets reported on the "Other income" line of the 1120-S, which sounds to me that then the LLC expenses would be reported on the "Other expenses" line of the 1120-S.

I've also seen an example where someone put the LLC's net profit in the "Other income" line of the 1120-S.

I'm also seeing people say to add income/expenses as if they were income/expenses of the S-corp, which I would take to mean the LLC's income and the S-corp's income are added together and the combined amount gets reported on "Gross receipts" line of the 1120-S. And the equivalent with expenses, e.g. combine advertising from the 2 companies and put it on the "Advertising" line, combine wages for the 2 companies and put it on the "Salaries & wages" line.

Which is it?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies