Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

blpricer

Why does turbo tax keep asking me to enter Partner Information. But this year I am not a member of a partnership.

I was previously invested i Blackstone, but it is no longer a partnership. Why does it keep asking me to enter information.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Why does turbo tax keep asking me to enter Partner Information. But this year I am not a member of a partnership.

Were you a partner in 2019 and used TT?  If so, did you roll the 2019 information into 2020?

If yes you were a partner in 2019 and did not dispose of the partnership interest in 2019, then you would be a partner in 2020.  Somewhere along the way, you would have disposed of the partnership interest in some manner.  That usually almost always has tax implications.  Did you enter into TT the information regarding the disposition of the partnership interest?

If not, that is why TT is asking you for the partnership information, it doesn't know when and how you disposed of the partnership interest.

**Disclaimer: Effort has been made to offer correct information; but due to the discussion forum limitations, the poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the poster's response**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies