Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

unable to delete unwanted red lines

Yes, this can be fixed. Return to the Schedule K-1 you entered and click edit.

1. Continue through the pages until you come to Box 20, code Z. Delete any numbers you entered in the amount box. Sometimes, you may need to remove Code Z from this page, continue to the end then go back and re-enter Box 20 Code Z again, this time without a number.
  2. Continue to the page "We see you have Section 199A income." In most cases, you will check the first box.
  3. On the next page, check any boxes that are mentioned in the Supplemental Information that came with your K-1. Enter amounts related to the income and/or deductions.
  4. Continue back to the K-1 Summary page and click Done.
  5. Now go to Federal Review and run SmartCheck again.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks!  It worked!!

mariah2

on Schedule C I deleted entry, now I can't proceed to file taxes until 3 red (pink) lines and total = 0. are deleted

mariah2

can't fix it. these need to be deleted

@ mariah2 wrote:
on Schedule C I deleted entry, now I can't proceed to file taxes until 3 red (pink) lines and total = 0. are deleted

can't fix it. these need to be deleted

I'll assume you are using desktop software (CD/download) as opposed to Online TurboTax.

We don't know what you are referring to, other than "something" about a Schedule C  on which you deleted some entries.  Were these entries that transferred into your Schedule C from last year's 2020 return?

Are you trying to work on a Schedule C in Forms Mode and deleted entries there?   If so, you should instead be making the changes in the step-by-step interview mode.   You can go back to the interview and walk through whatever you were changing and make sure all fields are empty there.

OR if using Forms Mode, many entries on Schedule C actually arise from a form called the Schedule C Worksheet.   This includes things that transferred in from the 2020 return.   See if there is something you can clear on the Schedule C Worksheet.

Ideally the best place to make these changes is in the step-by-step interview.  Entries made in step-by-step interview mode then flow to the Schedule C Worksheet, and flow from there to the Schedule C.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies