Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ckapenga

S Corp Name This return can not be filed electronically with PDF's attached as type 'Other'

Ditto

upendra

S Corp Name This return can not be filed electronically with PDF's attached as type 'Other'

Received the same error. It does not seem to be an issue with file type though it states that way. in my case, the cause could be due to my company having the "&" character in its name.

Hope to get the resolution to the issue quickly.

Thank you.

Tried to e-file today, getting same error message! UGH...

If you subscribe using the link above your post, you will be notified when Intuit has a fix...  We have until March 15 to file so, I am hoping that they get a fix in before then!

Hey there, everyone!  I just launched Turbotax and it performed an update... I was then able to file my returns electronically!! Ready, Set, FILE!!! LOL

Did it work?

KKH
Level 2

I just installed update and was able to file the first of my two S-Corp returns.  I did not have to reattach the 8453-S.  Glad we had so many users contacting TT to make them aware of the issue and concerns.  Really appreciate the communication on this forum.  Off to file the second S-Corp return.  Best to all.

I just updated and was able to transmit the return.  I'm glad TurboTax was quick to get this fixed.  It seems to work well now.

Thanks.

After the latest update e-file is working. Thanks for the fix.

mslbrad

I am experiencing the same problem and am a Ga filer that cannot file by mail.  When will this problem be solved?

TurboTax just released the update as of 02/24/2020 to resolve this issue. Update your desktop version of the TurboTex Business. I was able to transmit successfully today. Hope this helps

PrMoody

I am having the same issue and the customer service people have no idea what to do. I think it is the signature PDF 8543. Very frustrating.

I realized the problem had to do with Virginia Form 502A which does not even apply to me.

When I searched for that, I discovered the post copied below with a tip which enabled me to delete the inapplicable form and successfully file both the Virginia and federal returns.

'Ultimately, after completing the Fed and VA returns in TTBus, I opened the "Forms" view and deleted schedule 502A.  I verified that it had no impact on my primary forms being submitted for VA.  After deleteing I was able to submit electronically to VA.  Hope this helps you out, good luck.

From the Forms VIew, I could not see the form either.  I then selcted the Errors! Tab next to it.  When the error cam up on the screen their is an choice to delte form.  I deleted the form and it came back with "No Errors"'

PrMoody

My attachment is the signature form. I had to be there. I tried to get rid of the original one and start again. Didn't work. Guess I will just mail it in.....

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies