turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

S Corp Name This return can not be filed electronically with PDF's attached as type 'Other'

Same problem.

lhd
Level 1

S Corp Name This return can not be filed electronically with PDF's attached as type 'Other'

The person I spoke to yesterday advised me to wait about 5 days and then try again.  Same issue on my end, state requires e-file.  Sounds like they know of the issue, though, and hope it gets fixed soon.

After I received the same error, I went back to "File a Return" and started the e-file process again. It remembers all the inputs and attachments, but I selected "Yes, I need to attach a different version" (my form was an 8949) and then e-file was transmitted.

banshee72

Scotty3, did you actually attach something when you resubmitted?  My issue is with form 8453s.

Thanks

Yes, I attached the same form that I did the first time, but this time it transmitted. But, it is hard to tell if the saga of removing and re-adding the attachment actually worked, so you might want to wait for the fix.

I just tried to e-file mine and get the same error message with form 8453-S.  It is apparently saving it as Other and won't efile.  Thanks to those who held on the phone with TT.  I will wait until next week and try again.

Same problem - unfortunately they never release the software that works from the very start - there is always something that doesn't work and requires waiting until the last minute.

Had the same problem as all 20+ others posting this error.  Wasted my Saturday trying to get my S-Corp e-filed early and to no avail.  I even tried re-scanning the image as a jpeg and letting Turbo Tax convert the image to a PDF and that didn't work either!  They need to get this fixed because there is no way to e-file an S-Corp return until they do!  I have used Turbo Tax for the past 10 years for personal and business and this is my LAST TIME!!!

Same problem here.    I figured I'd post so TurboTax (Intuit) could start, or more hopefully continue,  to tally the complaints.   

This error prevents me from e-filing my S Corp return, in error check it takes me to the S Corp Information Worksheet and seems to identify the problem with the name of the company.  No matter how I try to modify or re-enter I get the same error.  Reading other posts, it appears many are having the same or similar issue.  I tried re-attaching the Form 8453 Signature attachment as Scott suggested, but was not the fix for me.  I don't know if it has to do with the import from QuickBooks that I did, I don't know why it would but can't come up with any other reasons this is happening.

Same problem!

I get same error and I didn't import from QB.  Entered numbers manually.

Same problem. Can't file until they fix how PDF is saved

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

We’re working on a solution to this issue. Please “click here” to receive email notifications when any updates related to this issue become available.

Check This Entry: S Corporation Information Worksheet: S Corp Name This return can not be filed elec...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Just wasted an hour on the phone and found this information (while on hold) before your agents who walked through a bunch of BS to tell me nothing ... I told them about it being a known issue.  How about letting folks know you have a problem so we don't all waste our time thinking the error is on our side?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies