Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fkirkm2

Received a K-1 following the dissolution of the partnership, it allocates ordinary business income to me, when there was no distribution. How can I fix or dispute?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
M-MTax
Level 10

Received a K-1 following the dissolution of the partnership, it allocates ordinary business income to me, when there was no distribution. How can I fix or dispute?

You can't fix or dispute it if the allocation was in line with the partnership agreement......the ordinary business income is taxable to you whether you receive a distribution or not.

contact the partnership.  we can't see the k-1 nor do we know your tax basis. if the k-1 is not changed, you'll have to report the income or else explain the reason to the IRS when you get a notice from them. (not getting a distribution is not a valid excuse) that income adds to your tax basis. so now you have a total disposition (a capital gain or loss) sales price apparently $0 tax basis - you'll have to figure that out unless the partnership provided you with tax basis info. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies