Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i fiile personal tax with my s corp

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If you need to prepare an income tax return for your S corporation (1120-S), you need TurboTax Business (link below) which must be installed and run in a Windows environment; there is no online nor Mac version. However, you would be wise to seek professional guidance and tax preparation if you have no experience with S corporation taxation.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

If you need to enter a K-1 issued by an S corporation, then you need to use TurboTax Premier or Self-Employed if you would like to use an online product. Otherwise, you can use any desktop version of TurboTax.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The S corp has to file its own tax return on Form 1120S. The S corp's Form 1120S tax return is completely separate from your personal Form 1040 tax return. Part of the S corp tax return is a Schedule K-1 for each owner. You enter the information from your Schedule K-1 on your personal Form 1040 tax return.

TurboTax Business cannot prepare your personal Form 1040 tax return, and none of the personal editions of TurboTax can prepare a Form 1120S S corp return, so you need two separate TurboTax products.

I agree with tagteam that you should seek professional help to properly set up the accounting for your S corp and to learn how to handle the tax filing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

if your s-corp is for calendar year 2018, it's late and there are penalties for late filing.  get pro help which may be able to get the penalty waived.     online preparation and e filing for 2018 is closed.  you'll have to buy  a desktop version of the software.  if you do your own personal return, it will have to be mailed. use a service where you can track or get proof of delivery.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies