toddrub46

Personal gain component from sale of vacation rental home

I sold a vacation rental home property in 2019 at a gain. I have completed entering the business portion of the sale. Since the step by step questions instructed me to enter only the business % of sales proceeds, etc. in the business section, I'm not sure where to enter the personal portion of the sales proceeds and basis. Some prior Q&A suggested entering it into the "second home" section of investment income. However, a question in that section asks if the property was also used for rental. If you answer that "yes" it tells you to go to the business section and it deletes what you entered in the personal income section. 

AlexanderS08

You would input the personal proceeds portion in Schedule D Capital Gains and Losses. Often times you receive a 1099 from the title company, but even if you did not receive one you can manually enter the sale information in the Schedule D area using these instructions:

Schedule D TurboTax

toddrub46

Thanks so much