Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

new LLC

We just set up a new LLC and received our EIN from IRS in May 2023.  This should be a single member LLC and I believe we marked it as partnership as my letter from IRS says we have to file Form 1065.  I am getting the information together right now for filing but we need to file a Schedule C with our tax returns as we only have member in this LLC.  Can I just file form 1065 marked as final with no numbers for 2023 and then file schedule C with our 2023 personal return?  Also do I file K-1 with the 1065 since there is only one member?

This is the first return that we will be filing for the company.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

new LLC

Your single-member LLC is a disregarded entity for tax purposes. See this IRS document.

The income and expenses of your LLC are reported on Schedule C of your personal tax return.

You don't need to file form 1065. The letter you received from the IRS is a standard letter sent out to LLCs and partnerships. But it doesn't apply to your LLC as it is a disregarded entity. As you don't file form 1065, there'll be no Schedule K-1 either

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

new LLC

I still don't need to file 1065 even though my letter states that is the form I should file?

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

new LLC

There's no need to file form 1065 as your LLC is a disregarded entity.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies