Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My LLC qualifies as a QBI--the TurboTax worksheet gives me an error & won't let me submit the return

When I run the Federal Check for my taxes, I receive an error linked to my Schedule C, QBI Deduction Smart Worksheet. It wants a response for line K-1, "Net income allocable to qualified payments from agricultural or horticultural coop."

I responded "No" to any/all questions for farm-related income. I am a private music instruction business. I have a loss this year (my allowable QBI is negative)

The worksheet is not allowing me to leave that line blank--it gives me the error, "Qualified coop payments should not be more than the Total gross receipt or sales plus Other income reported in Part 1."

This error is the only one showing, and it keeps me from electronically submitting the return--I cannot just ignore it.

HELP!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

My LLC qualifies as a QBI--the TurboTax worksheet gives me an error & won't let me submit the return

It would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2023" file that is experiencing this issue.

If you would be willing to send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information, please follow these instructions: 

In TurboTax Desktop, open your return and go to Online in the TurboTax header. (On a Mac computer, choose File >> Share.)

1. Choose Send Tax File to Agent.
  2. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is.  Click Send on this screen and wait for the Token number to appear. 
  3. Reply to this thread with your Token number and tag (@) the Expert requesting the token from you. Please include any States that are part of your return. 

We will then be able to see the same experience you are having. If we are able to determine the cause, we'll reply here and provide you with a resolution. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@PatriciaV  1209193

States of MO & AZ, but it was the Federal that was flagging as an insurmountable error.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Please clarify which version of TurboTax you are using. You mentioned Schedule C in your original post, but the token file is for TurboTax Business (Form 1065). There are no errors in the token file.

@mezzorachel 

I'm using TurboTax Home & Business, Windows. 

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

In that case, please open TurboTax Home & Business and retrieve another token. As stated above, the earlier token was for a business return. Note that it may be a few days before a response is posted.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies