My husband and I have a single member LLC. It is i...

smilesnangels

My husband and I have a single member LLC. It is in my name, he is still employed through another company. How can I change our company over to his name?

It lowered our refund by 3000.00 because I had to pay social security for the income.  He would not have had to pay, as his other employment has his paid in full
AmeliesUncle

Who owns and operates the business?  You?  Your husband?  Both of you?

You can't just change the name just because it gives a better tax result.

smilesnangels

Business is in my name.  It is a consulting business.  He is the consultant. It is filed as a single member LLC.

smilesnangels

I don’t want to change the name.  I want to change ownership to his name.

AmeliesUncle

So you don't have any ownership of the business or do work for the business?

If that is the case, you should amend the LLC registration with your State to put it in his name.

In the business section of TurboTax, one of the introductory question asks whose business it is.  If it is your husband's business, you need to change that to your husband.