Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LouDog1

Manual entry from K1 line 20 ZZ into Schedule E line 28 non passive loss column i

Using desktop version;

The non-passive income from my K1 properly flows to schedule E line 28, but K1 line 20 ZZ entry of a non passive loss does not.  There is an asterisk that tells me this must be made by a manual entry.  However, when I open the Schedule E Form and highlight the line 28, column i box, I cannot type in a figure.

Other forms allow me to highlight and type in a number manually, but this won't.

I also tried to open a new schedule E form to complete, rather than the one already created, and I can't seem to open a new one, either.

Please help!!  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Manual entry from K1 line 20 ZZ into Schedule E line 28 non passive loss column i

Instead of reporting a non-passive loss for Schedule K-1 in Box 20 Code ZZ, enter this instead for Box 11 Code ZZ

Now go to Forms Mode (F6 or Forms>>Open Forms). 

1. Find K-1 Partner for this investment and click the form name to open it in the large window.
  2. Scroll down to Part III Line 11 and click the QuickZoom button for codes A, B, K, S, and I to ZZ. This will open the K1P Addl Info worksheet.
  3. Scroll down to Box 11 Line 4. Enter a description for your non-passive loss and enter a negative amount. As the line indicates, this amount will be reported on Schedule pg2 Line 28.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies