Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LLC For Farm Business Schedule C or F

I have a part time farm I have filed under my own name as a schedule C.  I have lease income and income from selling honey.  Last year as we got bigger, I created an LLC for the honey Business.  Should I file the honey busines LLC in one and expenses on the same Schedule F as my other farm income and expenses or a separate schedule F or Schedule C.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

It depends. If your LLC is considered a single member limited liability company (SMLLC) then it is considered a disregarded entity by the IRS. This simply means you report the income and expense on your personal return.  If this describes your situation continue to report your activity on Schedule C.  I see no reason to change your method of reporting since the creation of the LLC.

If you did choose to use, create an S-Corporation or other entity, then you must file the 1120-S or relative tax form and distribute the income to yourself on a K-1. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Really appreciate the response. I wasn't sure if I would do Schedule F since it is an Agriculture business, but this helps a lot.  I think my next challenge is since most of my previous farm income was from the honey business, will my normal farm expenses now exceed my rental income that is not part of the LLC.  Thanks again.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies