Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

K1's, Item 11Z

Hello,

I've been receiving K1's from a partnership for the past few years.  Historically (2022 and prior), they categorized income as 11i  in my K1, which Turbotax prompted that I need to enter in this data elsewhere.  I tested this by changing this income to something ridiculous like $5,000,000, and noted that taxes due did not change.  I handled this by adding a line under my interest income to account for this.

This year, the K1 categorized loss (and another K1 categorized income) under 11z.  TurboTax does not prompt that I need to enter this elsewhere, however, when I change this income to something like $5,000,000, I still do not see a change in taxes due. 

Is this an error in TurboTax?  Should I enter in K1 11z elsewhere to properly catch this?

Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

K1's, Item 11Z

The K-1 section of the interview lacks a bunch of warnings.  You can see most warnings if you review your entries in the 'Forms' section, where unsupported items are marked with an *.  Your 5,000,000 dummy entries are also a good test.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Note also, I'm not a Tax Preparer/CPA. Just a volunteer, seasoned, TurboTax user.
Use any advice accordingly!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies