Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

K1 Box 20 Section Z

Hello,

The other answers for this question were from 1-3 years ago.   I would like to have a current answer please.

My spouse is Self employed, but files business taxes separately from our personal taxes, so this has no bearing on this particular tax situation. (correct)

We have a K1.   Box 20, section Z for the 199a Information  says "STMT)

what the information says.  "under code Z it says to consult your tax advisor regarding the calculation of the qualified business income deduction.  Including the possible aggregations and limitations that may apply and the filing of the 1.100a-4 c annual disclosure statement.

in review... it was saying if INCLUDING the Cap Gain amount, our income was over 440, we would not qualify for any deductions............ heck, the Cap Gain was over that doggone it!      SO, would I put a 0 in the Z box?

UGH.  I do not have an accountant.... I use turbo tax!!!!

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Kay

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

K1 Box 20 Section Z

Yes, you can leave it blank if you don't qualify to use it due to the specified service trade or business (SSBT). Review the information in the link below before you decide:

If  your income is above the threshold for 2022 there is no deduction for the qualified business income deduction (QBID) and only losses are eligible for carryover.

Your QBI for each of your trades or businesses may be partially or fully reduced to the greater of 50% of W-2 wages paid by the qualified trade or business, or 25% of W-2 wages plus 2.5% of the UBIA of qualified property from the qualified trade or business. 

The partial or full reduction to QBI is determined by your taxable income. If your taxable income (before the QBI deduction) is: 

• At or below the threshold, you don’t need to reduce your QBI; 

• Above the threshold but below the phase-in range (more than $340,100 and $440,100 if married filing jointly, and $170,050 and $220,050 for all other returns), the reduction is phased in; or 

• Above the threshold and phase-in range, the full reduction applies.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies