Solved: K1 box 17 doesn't let me choose V*

K1 box 17 doesn't let me choose V*

I'm trying to enter code V* and STMT in box 17 of form K1, but it only gives me options for A-F.  Can I just enter information directly into a form without a wizard?k1_box17.png

K1 box 17 doesn't let me choose V*

@scotta70 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, but I'm very confused, my screenshot says "Box 17" as outlined in red below. I also did not select Box 15 in the initial questions. Am I missing something obvious?

YES, you missed something very obvious; you selected the wrong type of K-1. You selected to enter a K-1 for a partnership instead of an S corporation (see screenshot).

Select the K-1 for S corporations (1120-S).

sc.png

K1 box 17 doesn't let me choose V*

EDIT: Note that your screenshot appears to be Line 15 of your K-1, not Line 17.

Which version of TurboTax are you using? You should have a dropdown box with a scroll bar as depicted in the screenshot below. If you are using an online version, you might want to try using another browser or refreshing your screen.

ssa.png

K1 box 17 doesn't let me choose V*

I'm using the online version, it looks like "turbotax LIVE Self-Employed" on the left. I'm on Chrome, latest version.  I do see scroll bars on other box dropdowns, but this one only has through F. Microsoft Edge browser also does not show scroll bars. Maybe I'm on the wrong version? Thanks!

K1 box 17 doesn't let me choose V*

@scotta70 You are referring to Box 17, but your screenshot shows Box 15, which only has lines through "F". So, you are working with the wrong box.

K1 box 17 doesn't let me choose V*

k1_box17_outlined.png

K1 box 17 doesn't let me choose V*

@scotta70 wrote:

sc.png

K1 box 17 doesn't let me choose V*

ah, thank you!