Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

K-1 reporting

I have filed and received refund for 2023 taxes that I filed early not thinking about K-1's.  I have 7 K-1's from MLPs in my IRA and Brokerage account.  The total of Box 1, ordinary income, from them is -$5.  The Box 20 V total UBTI is also -$5.   Do I have to report this via an amended 1040?  I am in the lowest AGI tax bracket.  Thank you for your suggestions and help. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

K-1 reporting

partnerships in your retirment accounts are not reported on your 1040 tax returm. However if they generatd more than $1,000 in Unrelated Business Income, a 990-T needs to be file and the UBIT tax paid. most likely the sums of 20V on all the retirement account k-1's

K-1 reporting

Its not clear if all 7 MLPs are in your IRA, or some are in a non-IRA brokerage account.

If any are in a regular taxable account you should update your turbotax file by entering them in.  The IRS gets copies of the K-1s, so would expect to see any taxable items reported, but if your tax documents don't change there's no need to resubmit anything.  Either way, next year's return will have the correct carry-over amounts.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Note also, I'm not a Tax Preparer/CPA. Just a volunteer, seasoned, TurboTax user.
Use any advice accordingly!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies