Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is it possible to generate form 568 afterwards? I filed two weeks ago and our form 568 wasn't on the pdf. This is for a two member LLC treated as a SMLLC disregarded entity.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Is it possible to generate form 568 afterwards? I filed two weeks ago and our form 568 wasn't on the pdf. This is for a two member LLC treated as a SMLLC disregarded entity.

If you already e-filed your California State return, you may not be able to generate Form 568 after the fact. But these instructions by GeorgeM777 are your best option.

"...when you sign back into your account, select the option to add a state.  You won't actually be adding a state, but this is a "back-door way" to re-open your return in TurboTax.  Adding a state is an option in the My Info section of TurboTax and can be found at the bottom of the screen where it says Other state income.  Just select Edit, and pick any state in the drop-down list."

Now go to the State Tax tab. Follow the interview and look for two screens relating to Form 568: California requires that you e-file Form 568 and Creating Form 568. If you see those pages, you may be able to create Form 568 to print and mail to the state.

California requires a waiver be included with Form 568 when a taxpayer prints and mails Form 568.  Here is the link to the CA website that relates to waivers: Business Entity E-File Waiver Request.  Scroll down the page and select Start Waiver to get your waiver request. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies