turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Indiana K-1 IT-65 addback/deduction codes 154 and 641 missing

I have been ready to file my Indiana state taxes for a few weeks now, but continue to get an error that I cannot file because the code numbers under Part 4-State Modifications for Addback/Deduction codes are missing. The drop-down list on Turbo Tax does not have the corresponding code numbers listed on my IT-65. I need code no. 154 for Specified Research and Experimental Expenses Add-Back and code no. 641 for Specified Research and Experimental Expenses Deduction before I can file. Neither code is available to select.

I opened a ticket with TurboTax Support two weeks ago and have not gotten an answer back other than an automated reply that they're still working on it.

Is anyone aware of a work around for this?? The filing deadline is quickly approaching, and I'd rather not now hire a CPA to file my taxes after they've been 99% prepared by me.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Indiana K-1 IT-65 addback/deduction codes 154 and 641 missing

The program does have the option to enter codes 154 and 641.  To enter this information, you will need to log back into TurboTax.

1. Proceed to the state interview section of the program.  
  2. Go through the screens until you reach Schedule IN K-1 (IT-20S/IT-65) Information.   
  3. On this screen, you will be able to scroll down to reach Part 4, State Modifications.  
  4. Under Part 4, lines 5, 6, and 7 have pull down arrows under the word Code.
  5. Select the pull down arrow and select the applicable codes based upon your K-1 form. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies