Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bexllc

If I am the manager for an LLC of which my son, who is in federal prison for marijuana, is the owner, and the LLC Is single member, what and how do I file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If I am the manager for an LLC of which my son, who is in federal prison for marijuana, is the owner, and the LLC Is single member, what and how do I file?

If the LLC is entirely owned by your son and the LLC has not elected to be taxed as a Sub-S or C-Corp, then the activities of the LLC should be reported in your son's federal income tax return.  The activity will show up on Schedule C and the "net income" of Schedule C will flow to line 12 of Form 1040.

Tom Young

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Carl
Level 15

If this is a single member LLC owned by your son, you can not be the manager. You could however, be an employee that your son pays to manage the business. The single member LLC is reported on SCH C as a part of the business owner's personal 1040 tax return.

If the LLC is entirely owned by your son and the LLC has not elected to be taxed as a Sub-S or C-Corp, then the activities of the LLC should be reported in your son's federal income tax return.  The activity will show up on Schedule C and the "net income" of Schedule C will flow to line 12 of Form 1040.

Tom Young

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies