Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gggras11
Returning Member

If our corporation in Louisiana files as a C corporation, we do not require a K1 - but turbo tax is attaching. What can I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

If our corporation in Louisiana files as a C corporation, we do not require a K1 - but turbo tax is attaching. What can I do?

C-corporations pay income taxes themselves. They are not pass-through entities and do not issue schedules K-1.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gggras11
Returning Member

I know that - but why did Turbo tax include one in my return.  Another note, from last years - I spoke to one of your tax folks.  They said Louisiana just says "S" Corporation (which would file a K1) - but filing would be the same for a "C" Corporation which our firm is.  I have my return - purchased from Amazon - I can forward.   I need to correct this K1 situation and eliminate it.  

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

The system may be carrying a K1 over from a prior year.  You can go to the investment section of 'Wages and Income' on your federal return and click 'start' or 'edit' next to the form K-1 input section.  Find the K-1 that is in there and click the little trashcan next to it and it will remove the K-1 from your tax return.

@gggras11 

gggras11
Returning Member

I cannot seem to remove the K-1 schedule, even though we file as a Louisiana C corporation.  What can I do?????  Can someone call me at [phone number removed] - specifically if possible RobertB444 tried to respond but I cannot locate any trash can - so I tried delete form and my Form 1120, p3-6 keeps giving me an error message not done (K1 do no require with a "C" corporation).  

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

If you are working in TurboTax Business, please provide the error message that appears at the bottom of the form.

1. Open your return and click the Forms icon in the TurboTax header.
  2. Click on the form with the error to open it in the large window.
  3. Click the Errors icon above the forms list. A footer will appear below the open form to display the errors.

You can also delete forms from this view. Open the form and click the "Delete" button at the bottom of the form.

gggras11
Returning Member

THIS DID NOT WORK - I NEED HELP!  

gggras11
Returning Member

OK Error says:

Form 1120, p3-6

Sch. K, Method of Accounting checkboxes must be entered.  

gggras11
Returning Member

This worked thank you so much Patricia V!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies