Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I already filed my personal taxes and was unaware that I should file for a recently formed, small, sole membership LLC with my personal taxes - what can I do?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Melaine

If I already filed my personal taxes and was unaware that I should file for a recently formed, small, sole membership LLC with my personal taxes - what can I do?

You will have to amend your return to add this.  It would be best to wait until your 2016 return has been processed before doing anything.  Remember, you have 3 years from the date the taxes was due to make an amendment.  If you are expecting to owe taxes, try to complete the amendment as soon as possible after receiving your refund to prevent additional interest and penalties being added to your account.  You will be able to amend in Turbo Tax by selecting 2016 in the link below. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Melaine

You will have to amend your return to add this.  It would be best to wait until your 2016 return has been processed before doing anything.  Remember, you have 3 years from the date the taxes was due to make an amendment.  If you are expecting to owe taxes, try to complete the amendment as soon as possible after receiving your refund to prevent additional interest and penalties being added to your account.  You will be able to amend in Turbo Tax by selecting 2016 in the link below. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies