If I add $15920 of partnership and S-Corp rental income should my tax increase by $7360, 45%?

There are 4 K-1 forms, 2 with a loss and 2 with a gain. Entering each form causes the tax calculation to change by 44-46% of the reported profit or loss. Is this right?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

That depends upon your marginal tax bracket, and whether the income is also subject to approx 15% Self Employment taxes. Any increase in income can also lower deductions/credits.

My taxable income went from $550,000 to $565,000. Does that put me in the highest bracket?

That's the 39.6% Federal bracket for 2017, plus the 0.9% Medicare surtax, plus the 3.8% Net Investment Income Tax.

Although it is my 2016 tax I am calculating I guess the numbers are the same.

Thank you very much for your answers and guidance.