javid-mageparty

I recently formed an LLC in 2018 with some expenses but I've already filed my personal taxes, is the filing for my LLC separate? what should I do?

Coleen3

Probably not. You have the option, as a single member LLC, to be taxed as a Corporation or use Schedule C. If you chose Schedule C, you will need to amend.

You can amend returns that have been accepted by the IRS. If your return is pending, you won't be able to make any changes until it's accepted or rejected by the IRS. If you don't know your e-file status, we can help you check it

Be sure to print out a copy (or save a pdf copy) before making any changes.

Select a tax year for specific amending instructions.

Keep in mind: You have 3 years from the date you filed your return (or 2 years after you paid the tax due, whichever is later) to file an amended return, which means you don't have to get it done by the April 15 filing deadline.