Solved: I need to replace the 2 air conditioning units this year with federal standard units. How do I calculate the energy tax credit, that I can take on my 2019 return?

I need to replace the 2 air conditioning units this year with federal standard units. How do I calculate the energy tax credit, that I can take on my 2019 return?

Unfortunately, the Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit expired after tax year 2017.  This credit was for certain high-efficiency heating and air conditioning systems, water heaters and stoves that burn biomass, energy-efficient windows and skylights, energy-efficient doors, qualifying insulation and certain roofs.

The Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit is in effect for 2018 to the end of 2021 - This year you can only claim a credit if you have installed one of the following:

Qualified solar electric property, Qualified solar water heating property, Qualified small wind energy property,  Qualified geothermal heat pump property and Qualified fuel cell property costs.