skosanovich1967

I need a schedule d/ form 8949 for my llc. when schedule d is selected, it comes up under personal and not business llc.

AmandaR1

The reason there's no schedule D for your LLC business is because the LLC is a disregarded entity. If your LLC is a single member LLC, then you can default to be taxed as self-employed. In this situation, there is no separate business and all items are treated as personal. Therefore, there's no separate form 8949 (or any form) for a schedule C business. To learn more about this at the IRS, click  HERE.

If you have a multi-member LLC or have elected to be taxed as an S-corporation, you cannot use the TurboTax Self-employed edition and would instead need TurboTax Business which you can find HERE. Let me know if you have any questions.