Solved: I'm receiving this error and I'm not sure how to fix it: D-40WH Hidden: Payor Name-1 has too many characters.

I'm receiving this error and I'm not sure how to fix it: D-40WH Hidden: Payor Name-1 has too many characters.

Other filers have seen this message in the Washington DC return. 

Click on the Federal Taxes tab 

Click on Wages and Income    

Select Edit/add for your W-2.    

For Box C-Employer Name, make the name shorter, from the end. (This will not affect the tax calculations)   

Select Continue 

Go back to the top and select Review and Check My Info. If the new name is short enough,  you should get the message, "You’re good to go! Ready to file."   

Note: Shorten the name from the end, to under 10 characters, as the tax authority will be matching the first few characters against the Employer ID number.  Also, if you imported the entry originally, try deleting it and select to Enter it Myself.  If there was something on the import triggering the error message, that will work around the problem.

Click on the Federal Taxes tab 

Click on Wages and Income    

Select Edit/add for your W-2.    

Select Continue