Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vonbergy

I have basically been working as a freelancer for the last tax year and have decided only now to register myself as a business (LLC). Can i submit my tax under this LLC?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
WillK
Intuit Alumni

I have basically been working as a freelancer for the last tax year and have decided only now to register myself as a business (LLC). Can i submit my tax under this LLC?

Not for 2017. You will need to report your income from freelancing under your name and social security number on the Schedule C. Once your LLC has been officially formed you then can report the income when you do your taxes next  year under the LLC information. Make sure if you are getting an EIN for the LLC that you provide your clients/customers with a new W-9 to reflect that change. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
WillK
Intuit Alumni

Not for 2017. You will need to report your income from freelancing under your name and social security number on the Schedule C. Once your LLC has been officially formed you then can report the income when you do your taxes next  year under the LLC information. Make sure if you are getting an EIN for the LLC that you provide your clients/customers with a new W-9 to reflect that change. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies