Solved: I have a 1120-s and have not been prompted for the Qualified Business Income 20% deduction.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhakala

I have a 1120-s and have not been prompted for the Qualified Business Income 20% deduction.

Turbo Tax Home and Business calculated schedule C Qualified Business Income Deduction but did not calculate it for my 1120-S. Why not?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I have a 1120-s and have not been prompted for the Qualified Business Income 20% deduction.

In order for TurboTax to calculate a QBI deduction for an S-corp, Box 17 (Other Infomation) must have QBI-related codes (V-Z).   It doesn't have to have all the codes, but a 199A income code is required.  Check with the preparer of the Form 1120 if the code(s) are not listed.  

• V Section 199A income 
  • W Section 199A W-2 wages 
  • X Section 199A unadjusted basis 
  • Y Section 199A REIT dividends 
  • Z Section 199A PTP income

2018 Form 1120 S (Schedule K-1)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

In order for TurboTax to calculate a QBI deduction for an S-corp, Box 17 (Other Infomation) must have QBI-related codes (V-Z).   It doesn't have to have all the codes, but a 199A income code is required.  Check with the preparer of the Form 1120 if the code(s) are not listed.  

• V Section 199A income 
  • W Section 199A W-2 wages 
  • X Section 199A unadjusted basis 
  • Y Section 199A REIT dividends 
  • Z Section 199A PTP income

2018 Form 1120 S (Schedule K-1)

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings