Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ize
Returning Member

I entered my K-1 data as a limited partner in multi-family dwellings on Schedule E page 2. Do I also need to fill in Schedule E page 1?

I do not think Schedule E part I pertains to partnerships, yet TurboTax keeps asking for input.  
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I entered my K-1 data as a limited partner in multi-family dwellings on Schedule E page 2. Do I also need to fill in Schedule E page 1?

No. you would then have reported the items twice. 

ize
Returning Member

Thanks.  I agree, but TurboTax keeps giving me error notices and prompting me to input Part I data, such as physical address of each property, type of property, number of days rented vs personal use.  It won’t accept a blank nor “N/A”.  

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

It sounds like you set up a rental property or entered a Form 1099-Misc that reported rental or royalty income. If you entered a schedule K-1, those numbers would be reported on page two of schedule E. If you entered a Form 1099-Misc reporting rental or royalty income, you will need to enter the property information requested. If you entered a rental property by mistake in the business section, you will need to go in and delete it.

You may be able to delete page one of schedule E if you don't need it by following these steps:

Follow these instructions:

1. Choose the Tax Tools option on your left menu bar

2. Choose Tools

3. Choose the Delete a form option under Other Helpful links 

4. Look for schedule E, page 1 in the list of forms and delete it

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies