Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

half2005

Does deleting K-1 schedule from the federal automatically deletes from the state?

I was able to delete the K-1 schedule from my federal. Does this automatically delete it from the State? I want to make sure I will not end up paying $800 for the state takes for not having the LLC business in 2017. I am using turbotax home and business software. I was able to find some links where others posted on turbotax community, but the instructions are not clear.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieH1

Does deleting K-1 schedule from the federal automatically deletes from the state?

If you deleted it completely (see below) it will delete it from the state as well.

The proper way to delete an unwanted K-1 is from the K-1 Summary screen, which also removes the associated worksheets.

1. When in your account, select the Take me to my return button on the main screen.
  2. Using the search feature in the upper right, search for K-1 or K1 (you can also use lower-case) and then select the "Jump to" link in the search results
  3. Answer Yes to Did you receive any Schedules K-1 or Q? (even if the correct answer is "no").
  4. Select Update next to the type of K-1 you initially entered (partnership/LLC, S corp, or estate/trust).
  5. On the K-1 Summary screen, select Delete next to the K-1 you want to remove. Answer Yes on the following screen.
  6. Select Done.
  7. If necessary, repeat Steps 4–7 for other K-1s you need to remove.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
JulieH1

If you deleted it completely (see below) it will delete it from the state as well.

The proper way to delete an unwanted K-1 is from the K-1 Summary screen, which also removes the associated worksheets.

1. When in your account, select the Take me to my return button on the main screen.
  2. Using the search feature in the upper right, search for K-1 or K1 (you can also use lower-case) and then select the "Jump to" link in the search results
  3. Answer Yes to Did you receive any Schedules K-1 or Q? (even if the correct answer is "no").
  4. Select Update next to the type of K-1 you initially entered (partnership/LLC, S corp, or estate/trust).
  5. On the K-1 Summary screen, select Delete next to the K-1 you want to remove. Answer Yes on the following screen.
  6. Select Done.
  7. If necessary, repeat Steps 4–7 for other K-1s you need to remove.
half2005

I delete it but when I was at the filing step, turbotax is asking to fix errors on K1 form. What should I do?
JulieH1

Let me check
JulieH1

IT says maybe TurboTax sees a different K-1.  Are you sure none were transferred from last year?  An old one?
half2005

note sure. When I save the tax file as PDF, I opened it and I do not  see any k-1 schedule in the PDF file. But turbotax is still asking me to edition/add some information such as the partner name and the ID number.
JulieH1

That' odd.  When you go to forms in TurboTax do you see a K-1?  Have you saved, logged out and signed back in?
half2005

I do not log in when I am working on my taxes. I use the file .tax which is saved on my desktop. The software shows on the top the following "icons"

Personal Info       Business           Personal            StateTaxes      Review          File         Analysis & Advice
half2005

I actually fixed it. I clicked on forms, in the upper right corner and I use the drop down menu on the left side of the screen. Then I delete it.
JulieH1

Awesome
weizhong

I have same issue after I delete K-1 under federal part. When I do state review, it keep asking me to input information about partnership. I delete forms manually under federal and state. also have to delete a number on one of the form which listed transaction.

This is the bug of TurboTax!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies