Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hamwiabood
Returning Member

I applied for an EIN though an LLC (2 partners) in wyoming state, we never did anything with the company. nothing. do i need to file any taxes or anything ?

If i want to close the company do I need to file anything or can i just ignore the filling and they will close after a period of time?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I applied for an EIN though an LLC (2 partners) in wyoming state, we never did anything with the company. nothing. do i need to file any taxes or anything ?

If you are a partnership and so would file a K-1 file the form checking the box at the top indicating a final K-1. 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

In addition to filing the final tax return, you should also make sure you dissolve the LLC formally with the appropriate taxing agencies.  This ensures that the taxing agencies are aware the business is no longer in existence as well as ensure you are in compliance with all filing requirements.  

Here is a link to the Wyoming Secretary of State that has a section for LLCs.  As you scroll, you will see a sample form you can use to dissolve your LLC.  You may need to request help from an expert in this field to ensure you completely dissolve your LLC.  

@hamwiabood 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
hamwiabood
Returning Member

I didnt file my taxes for 2023, i never filed anything related to the company but i never did any business, 0 income. what should i do now ? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies