I am self employed and am on medicare. Can I enter the money I pay for my supplement on my tax form?

Coleen3

Yes. , If you are self-employed and eligible for the self-employed health insurance deduction, you can include your Medicare premiums in your self-employed health insurance deduction.

If you want these premiums to be part of the self-employed health insurance deduction, do not enter your Medicare premiums when entering the information from your SSA-1099 (Social Security Benefits). When you go through the questions for your business expenses, enter those premium expenses for self-employed health insurance premiums.

To add the self-employed health insurance to your return:

·        Type self-employed health insurance deduction in the search bar.

·        Click Jump to self-employed health insurance deduction.

·        Continue the onscreen interview until you get to the Enter Your Business Expenses, choose Less common expenses, then choose Health Insurance Premiums

Coleen3