turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am doing my SCorp business tax return and can't find the place where I list my principle and interest payments for my mortgage. Help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieCo

I am doing my SCorp business tax return and can't find the place where I list my principle and interest payments for my mortgage. Help!

To file an SCorp tax return, you will need to use the TurboTax Business program.  

The interest will get entered under the Deductions Tab in the Common Business Expenses Section.  If you are having trouble finding it, another option is to enter "interest expense" in Find (top right of screen) and an option to "Jump To Interest Expense" will display.  Click on the "jump to" and it will bring you to the Common Business Expense Section where you can enter your interest expense on the appropriate line item.

For the principal portion of your mortgage, you enter your Mortgage or Notes Payable beginning and ending balances for the year under the Balance Sheet tab.  Once you click on the Balance Sheet tab, TurboTax will walk you through questions related to your Balance Sheet items.  If you want to go right to the screen where to enter your Mortgage Balances, you can Find (search) for "mortgages payable" and a "Jump To mortgages payable, liabilities" entry will display.  Click on the "Jump To" option and you will be brought to the screen where you can enter your current (less than a year) and long term mortgage note beginning and ending balances.  Thus, your principal payments for the year will be known from that entry.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JulieCo

To file an SCorp tax return, you will need to use the TurboTax Business program.  

The interest will get entered under the Deductions Tab in the Common Business Expenses Section.  If you are having trouble finding it, another option is to enter "interest expense" in Find (top right of screen) and an option to "Jump To Interest Expense" will display.  Click on the "jump to" and it will bring you to the Common Business Expense Section where you can enter your interest expense on the appropriate line item.

For the principal portion of your mortgage, you enter your Mortgage or Notes Payable beginning and ending balances for the year under the Balance Sheet tab.  Once you click on the Balance Sheet tab, TurboTax will walk you through questions related to your Balance Sheet items.  If you want to go right to the screen where to enter your Mortgage Balances, you can Find (search) for "mortgages payable" and a "Jump To mortgages payable, liabilities" entry will display.  Click on the "Jump To" option and you will be brought to the screen where you can enter your current (less than a year) and long term mortgage note beginning and ending balances.  Thus, your principal payments for the year will be known from that entry.  

TT Business is a different program than Home and Business.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies