Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I added a new truck greater than 6000lb for 100% business use at the end of December. Where is depreciation captured, as a business asset or under bus. veh. expenses?

I bought the truck 12/27, it was supposed to be delivered in January, but arrived early.  The vehicle cost was $63K.  The truck is primarily used to pull trailers with tractors and other equipment.  When I enter the minimal expenses I had for the year in the Business Vehicle Expense section, I get a deduction of $473.  Is this all I get or am I supposed to add it as a Business Asset also for the depreciation component?  Under Business Asset I do not see an option for vehicles.  
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I added a new truck greater than 6000lb for 100% business use at the end of December. Where is depreciation captured, as a business asset or under bus. veh. expenses?

I think I may have figured it out.  When I went into the forms view, there was a box regarding keeping personal use mileage records that was not checked properly.  I changed that and the deduction was inline with my expectations. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies